The new EMI Mexico office is launching and officially starting operations in January 2022 with a vision to serve the Latin American church, reach diverse communities and impact a growing design professional sector.
The office is located in Ensenada, Baja California and a strong team of local professionals is ready to join forces and serve the wide variety of ministry clients, engage in different types of projects and develop people.
The current staff is well suited in the areas of Architecture and Construction Management so there is a high need for a Civil Engineer to join our vision to serve, reach and impact. This professional would provide overall civil engineering input across different types of projects, help develop civil engineering standards and explore with the team for more intentional engagement in other specific engineering projects such as water, sanitation, construction, roads and accessibility, etc.
In addition to the typical EMI Staff prerequisites, candidates for this position must have:
- EMI Project trip experience.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- BS in Civil Eng. Professional license is preferred.
- Willingness to relocate to Ensenada, Mexico.
- Ability to travel internationally 1-2 times per year for project trips.
- Basic knowledge of Spanish or willingness to learn.
- Working knowledge of computers, experience in the use of Microsoft office and software relevant to the discipline of Civil Engineering.
The following are essential responsibilities for the Civil Engineer position:
- Spiritual and professional discipleship through EMI's programs.
- Encourage and counsel client ministry.
- Perform civil engineering design, analysis and drafting on projects.
- Perform civil engineering review and consultation.
- Encourage, lead and mentor interns in civil engineering.
- Help to develop and maintain civil engineering standards for EMI Mexico projects.